This video enables you to get a flavor for the Interview an Innovator experience.
You will identify and interview an innovator that is of personal interest to you and then write and publish an article that will be accessible via a public blog. Here is an example of a student article.
The Interview an Innovator course consists of eight short videos (5-10 minutes each) and a course workbook.
- Student Workbook
- Video: The World Needs Innovators Like You!
- Assignment - Explore What Innovation Means for You
- Video #2 - Connect with an Individual of Interest
- Assignment - Identify an Innovator to Interview
- Video #3 - Conduct a Successful Interview
- Assignment - Prepare for Your Interview
- Video #4 - Write a Compelling Article
- Assignment - Write a First Draft
- Video #5 - Edit your Article and Incorporate Visuals
- Assignment - Edit your Piece
- Video #6 - Gain approval from interviewee
- Assignment - Secure Approval from Interviewee
- Video #7 - Publish and Promote your Content
- Assignment: Proofread of your Article and Promote the Published Piece
- Video #8 - Interpret Feedback
- Assignment - Identify Successes and Areas for Improvement
Kevin Anselmo, founder of the Global Innovators Academy and Experiential Communications, is passionate about communications, education, innovation and entrepreneurship. Over the years, he has developed online courses and in-person workshops for many reputable universities and research organizations. Previously, Kevin was Director of Public Relations for Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and prior to that managed the media relations for IMD in Switzerland. Kevin lived and worked in Switzerland for eight years and in Germany for two years. Learn more about his work.
The Interview an Innovator course is produced by Jason Van Sant, founder of Reach Creative. Jason is a coach, strategist and producer who helps clients create compelling educational videos. For over a decade, he has created many successful promotional videos and courses at Duke University. Learn more about his work.
Global Innovators Academy provides students with exposure to innovative and entrepreneurial thinkers through experiential learning. Students gain inspiration about careers to pursue, enhance their professional network, learning critical digital communications skills and create a strong professional digital footprint that makes them more marketable.